Iran Travel Insurance
Iran Travel insurance is mandatory for all the tourists visiting Iran and for visa application. If your current travel insurance covers Iran, you can use it for your trip. However, most of the International insurance companies do not cover Iran due to the sanctions and difficulty in international transactions.
An alternative option is to apply for an Iranian insurance policy. To obtain Iranian insurance with coverage of up to 10,000 Euro, please submit your trip details with the following form. You will receive your insurance policy via e-mail and you just need to print it for Iran visa application or visa on arrival application.
Iran travel insurance fees
The price of comprehensive coverage plan is based on the age of the applicant and duration of the travel. The prices includes all the taxes and administration fees. The insurance is valid from your entrance date to Iran and its duration must be longer than the number of the days you plan to stay in the country and ask for visa. The insurance fees are non-refundable.
Under 12 years old
Up to 7 days: 4 Euro
Up to 15 days: 8 Euro
Up to 30 days: 11 Euro
Up to 92 days: 20 Euro
From 13 to 65 years old
Up to 7 days: 11 Euro
Up to 15 days: 15 Euro
Up to 30 days: 18 Euro
Up to 92 days: 27 Euro
Above 66 years old
Up to 7 days: 15 Euro
Up to 15 days: 19 Euro
Up to 30 days: 22 Euro
Up to 92 days: 31 Euro
Please enter your personal details very carefully, in the case of inconsistency between the submitted information and the traveller’s passport, the insurance policy will be invalid. Also check your e-mail as the confirmation of the payment and insurance policies will be sent to this e-mail. Please note that you will not receive your insurance policy instantly and it will be issued within 24 hours after the submission of your details. If you are less than three travellers please leave the trip duration and age of other passengers to “None”. If you are more than three travellers please submit the form multiple times.
Comprehensive coverage plan
The insurance policy covers the following conditions up to the mentioned amount. Upon the occurrence of loss, the insured shall take all required measures to limit or stop the further damage.
- Up to 10,000 Euro coverage for: Medical expenses and hospitalization, except aesthetic treatments, chronic ailments or illnesses existed prior to the inception date of the policy. Requires deductible of 25 Euros.
- Up to 200 Euro coverage for: Emergency dental care, restricted to treatment of pain, infection or removal of infected tooth. Requires deductible of 25 Euros.
- Up to 200 Euro coverage for: Loss of passport, driving license and national identity card.
- Up to 150 Euro coverage for: Loss of registered luggage. Benefits of this clause and previous one cannot be accumulated.
- Up to 10,000 Euro coverage for: Emergency return home following death of a close family member or serious illnesses.
- Up to 5,500 Euro coverage for: Transport or repatriation in case of illness or accident.
- Up to 10,000 Euro coverage for: Repatriation of mortal remains.
- Up to 250 Euro coverage for: Legal Assistance
- Up to 10,000 Euro coverage for: Repatriation of family member traveling with the insured.
What is not covered
The following situations are not covered by the comprehensive coverage plan:
- Expenses related to the diseases by which the insured has been affected prior to traveling such as problems related to history of heart disease or chronic diseases.
- Side-effects of the treatments prior to travel.
- Expenses of preventive measures (vaccination) and related side effects.
- Diseases and/or damage arising from willful consumption of drugs.
- All diseases burst in the world.
- Conditions caused by pregnancy within three months of the expected date of delivery.
- Natural disasters such as flood, earthquake, volcano, ground drift.
- War, rebellion, public revolt, terrorism measures and nuclear actions.
- Performing professional sports and/or sports deemed as risky, such as sky diving, rock climbing and etc.
- Conditions caused by deliberate self-inflicted injuries, suicide attempt, participation in criminal acts or fight, except in case of self-defense.
- Using traveling supplies/vehicles which are not deemed as general transportation supplies/vehicles.
- Rehabilitation measures, prosthesis, rehabilitation supplies such as spectacles and walking stick.
What to do in the case of accidents
In the case of an accident, insured is required to contact the numbers provided in the insurance policy and explain the situation. The claims must be notified not later than 48 hours after occurrence of the event. After the evaluation of the situation, the insurance company will directly make the payments to the hospital or a third party who is involved in the event. If the situation cannot be rectified immediately, the documents providing the evidence of the situation must be transferred to the insurance company no later than 72 hours after the event and coverage amount will be transferred to the policy holder’s account in maximum 15 working days.
If the insured must leave Iran before getting reimbursed by the insurance company, ACIAB could act on behalf of policy holder and transfer the related reimbursements to the any international bank account. This service is subject to the administration fee of 85 Euros and additional transfer and exchange fees of international money transfers.
For any inquiries related to travel insurance for Iran please contact: email@example.com